Laboratories are equipped with:
- The calcimeter by Eijkelkamp, suitable for the simultaneous determination of the carbonate content in
- Malvern Mastersizer 3000 laser diffraction particle size analyzer with Hydro EV sediment dispersion unit and Aero S dry powder disperser,
- Fume hood (Koettermann),
- Analytical balance (Vibra HT),
- Ultrasonic bath (EMAG),
- Drying oven (Pol Eko SLW 115 STD),
- Small centrifuge (Hettich EBA 200),
- Deionization device (Polwater).
The rock preparation i.e. cleaning, defragmentation and selection for further studies. The facility includes storage room, workplace with laboratory sinks equipped sediment traps, anvil, high pressure washer and air compressor.
Laboratory offers the removal of matrix to expose fossil specimens by mechanical, manual or chemical means. Mechanical preparation is performed with pneumatic tools: small jack-hammers of various sizes and sand-blasters, grinders and drills. Whitening of fossils with ammonium chloride, impregnation, and other techniques are also possible.